-
int. 任何事
If you want to call a meeting or anything, put up a notice.
要想召集会议什么的, 就要出个通知。
The hotel was anything but satisfactory.
这家旅馆太不让人满意了。
The film wasn't anything like as good as ET.
这部电影一点都不如《外星人》那麽好。
-
adv. 代替, 反而
If you can't sign your name, make a cross instead.
你如果不会签名, 画一个十字也可以。
The shopkeeper gave us short weight: we got 7.5 kilos instead of 10 kilos.
店主给我们的分量不足: 应该10公斤我们只得到7.5公斤.
In other words, you'll come instead. Right?
换句话说, 你将代替他来, 对吗?
-
adj. 更少的, 更小的
adv. 更少地, 更小地
n. 少量, 次要
prep. 减
It rains less in London than in Manchester.
伦敦的降雨量比曼彻斯特少。
He is less tall than she is.
他不如她高。
Work more and dream less, you will be much happier.
多做事少空想, 这样你会愉快得多。
-
adv. 从不, 绝不
We never flinch from difficulties.
在困难面前我们决不退缩。
I will never forget your kindness.
我永远忘不了你的好意。
-
adv. 毫不
n. 微不足道的人或事
pron. 什么也没有
Nothing but a miracle can save her now.
现在只有出现奇迹她才能得救。
I did the crossword in half an hour there was nothing to it.
我用了半小时就把纵横字谜填好了--容易极了。
She is an interesting person but her husband is a real nothing.
她是个很有趣的人, 但是她的先生却一无是处。
-
adj. 整个的, 完全的, 未受损的, (人)全面发展的
n. 全部, 通常情况
adv. 完全地, 统一地
I just threw the whole caboodle in the back of the car.
我把所有东西都扔到汽车後座上去了。
The whole country was anxious for peace.
全国上下都渴望和平。
-
adj. 流行的, 喜爱的
n. 最喜爱的人或物, 被认为最有可能胜出的竞争者
Pink is her favorite color.
粉红色是她最喜欢的颜色。
His favorite dish is roast duck.
他最喜欢吃的菜是烤鸭。
What's your favorite food?
你最喜欢的食物是什么?
-
n. 小时, 钟点
The London bus departs every hour on the hour.
伦敦的公共汽车每小时零分开出一趟。
It took him half an hour to finish the work.
他花了半个小时做完这项工作。