-
n. 港口,避难所,安息所
v. 安置 ... 于港中,庇护
I kissed my first woman and smoked my first cigarette on the same day; I have never haven time for tobacco since.
我在第一次吻女人的同一天里第一次抽烟,以后就再也没空抽烟丝啦。
He came to see us after I have haven my breakfast.
我吃过早饭后,他来看我们了。
They have made their home a haven for the homeless orphans.
他们把自己的家变成了无家可归的孤儿们的避难所。
-
n. 相册,集邮册,唱片集,纪念册,密纹唱片
Their new album is sheer dynamite.
他们这套新唱片一下子轰动起来。
I'll swap (you) my Michael Jackson tape for your Bruce Springsteen album.
我想用迈克尔·杰克逊的录音带交换你的布鲁斯·斯普林斯廷唱片集。
Her latest album is a compilation of all her best singles.
她最新的一套唱片是她的最佳单曲唱片的汇集。
-
n. 再团圆,重聚,再联合
He is the host at the reunion.
他是聚会的主人。
Her description of the meeting is an exact reproduction of the reunion.
她对会面的描述是这次团聚的真实再现。
Thanks invitation however regret unable join owing business pressure hoping reunion before christmas best regard.
谢谢邀请,很抱歉,由于商务繁忙不能前往。希望在圣诞节前能得到一叙。祝好。
-
v. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬
Why don't we crack open a bottle of champagne to celebrate?
我们何不开瓶香槟酒庆祝一下呢?
We went to the church to celebrate Christmas Eve.
我们去教堂庆祝圣诞前夕。
Let's celebrate!
让我们好好庆祝一下吧!
-
n. 荣誉,荣幸,贞洁,正直,信用
vt. 尊敬,授予荣誉,实践,兑现
They purchased life at the expenses of honor.
他们以牺牲名誉为代价换得了生命。
I consider it a great honor to be invited to dinner.
我认为能被邀请参加晚宴是很大的荣幸。
The soldier's brave deeds brought him honor and glory.
士兵的勇敢事迹为他带来了荣耀和赞美。
-
adj. 邀请的,引起的,招致的
动词invite的过去式和过去分词
He gave me a clap on the back and invited me for a drink.
他在我背上拍了一下,请我去喝酒。
I consider it a great honor to be invited to dinner.
我认为能被邀请参加晚宴是很大的荣幸。
Questions are invited after the meeting.
会后请听众提问。
-
adj. 更迟的,后面的
adv. 稍后,后来,迟到地
She had her baby weaned a year later.
她在一年后才把孩子的奶断掉。
He chose not to go home until later.
他决定晚一点才回家。
I can't pay now, please bill me later.
我现在不能付款,请以后开帐单给我。
-
adj. 活着的,生动的
n. 生活,生计
动词live的现在分词
The judge advised him to amend his way of living.
法官劝告他改变生活方式。
We should improve what is called the quality of living.
我们应该改进所谓的生活品质。
What do you do for a living?
你以什么谋生?
-
adj. 已婚的,婚姻的,密切结合的
n. 已婚者
They married after a brief courtship.
他们恋爱不久就结婚了。
He hadn't been married for long when he realized he had caught a tartar.
他结婚不久,就察觉到娶了一个泼妇。
It's beyond me why he married her.
他怎么会娶了她,这我就不懂了。
-
adj. 倾泄的
动词pour的现在分词形式
Blood was pouring from the wound.
血从伤口中涌出。
It's absolutely pouring down.
大雨真是倾盆而下。
Sweat was pouring down his face.
他满头大汗。